my phone was working fine i replaced the screen now its black but i hear it turn on is there a fix??

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
How did you replace the screen? If you just replaced the to lens then you likely damaged the AMOLED display during your repair and it will probably need a new one but first you can go through and check all the connections, cables, and plugs just to make sure none of them were damaged.

If you did replace the screen as a lens/AMOLED display assembly then I would contact the seller and see if they will return it or replace it for you.

Xiomi Fernandez

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I did it my self with a kit i bought online the glass was cracked but i coumd see the screen and now it black but i can hear and feel it when i push the bottons

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I did it my self with a kit i bought online the glass was cracked but i coumd see the screen and now it black but i can hear and feel it when i push the bottons

Then you're probably going to need one of these to fix it.
You can find it cheaper from other sources but etradesupply is the highest quality screen you'll find.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

You didn't answer the question as to whether you replaced only the glass, or the entire glass / LED / digitizer assembly. If the latter, make sure all the connections are properly lined up and snug. If you just bought new glass, and separated the display and digitizer from the broken glass to attach to the new one, you probably damaged it.

Can you post a link to what you bought?

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I had my Samsung galaxy mega screen replaced at a shop. They said the screen and the led are sold together and had to be replaced together. My phone now goes to a black screen throughout the day. The phone is still on because I can see the light notification blinking. The screen is not totally black because it looks like light trying to come through. I still have my phone under warranty. So I send it back to my phone provider to fix or take it back to store.

jaing123

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I saw your video for replacing the LCD-digitizer of my samsung s3 phone, and followed the steps carefully. After I placed the battery, I checked to see if the phone turns ON and the display is working before I complete the last step of putting the back coverplate. I successfully switched it ON, saw a perfectly working screen, and browsed through my apps. To complete the assembly, I put the back cover by gently pressing the frame along the edges, but suddenly I saw some yellow green lines in the middle of the screen. I switched it off and again switched in ON, but now the entire screen had light with no display.
To fix this, I tried again checking all connections but no luck. What could be the reason for the sudden loss of display when it worked perfectly fine moments ago? Is there a possibility that I damaged the LCD while putting the back cover on the phone?
I am also not sure about one of the ribbon connectors of the digitizer. There are 2 big ones which are prominent and has ports to connect. However, there is a little third one which also has to come through the gap but doesn’t connect anywhere. Has anyone also experienced this while replacing the screen? Any help will be appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams