Can anyone help with text messages?!

xxGRAHVITYxx

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I recently rooted my phone and Installed Cyanogen mod. I then realized that I forgot to export text messages from ChompSMS. I did however, copy all files from the phone and sd card to my computer, so is there any way I would be able to restore those messages? Can I just restore my phone to stock and drag everything back over to it? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III, and also all messages were also saved in the sock Messaging app if that helps at all...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I recently rooted my phone and Installed Cyanogen mod. I then realized that I forgot to export text messages from ChompSMS. I did however, copy all files from the phone and sd card to my computer, so is there any way I would be able to restore those messages? Can I just restore my phone to stock and drag everything back over to it? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3, and also all messages were also saved in the sock Messaging app if that helps at all...

Welcome to the forums.

You can try your idea. It might work, I am not entirely sure though.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It may be less work to just look through what you moved to the PC. If the texts are there alone they should be able to be moved to cm.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I did however, copy all files from the phone and sd card to my computer, so is there any way I would be able to restore those messages?
If you copied all of the files then I'd imagine that you got whatever Chomp SMS uses to store its data in. You could wing them an email help@chompsms.com or use a file manager to search for a directory with "chomp" in the name and then take a look through the files.
If you had made a Nandroid backup I would have suggested restoring that, as it would have been much quicker - simply copying files is a crap shoot.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza