Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Help with touch keys lighting

On my Galaxy S3, I've noticed that the touch key lights always light when I touch the screen. I would like them to only light when I touch them, the keys. I'm almost positive they used to, and now suddenly have started lighting when I touch the screen. I've seen similar threads like this on different websites, but they're all the opposite from what I want. I have even talked to a Samsung Helper on a live chat, but he told me there was nothing I could do (not even mentioning the Touch Key Light Duration setting, which, by the way, doesn't have a part in my question.) Could someone please help?

Default Re: Help with touch keys lighting

My keys have always come on when I touch the screen. I do think they are tied together.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)

GT is right, that's the way the work, and have always worked. The only option you have for controlling those lights is how long they stay on.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7&9

^^this^^ How long they stay on, or whether they light up at all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

What everyone else said. I just keep mine off permanently, the on/off lighting just got annoying.