HELP ME!!!

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

I just registered fastly to require a help for my samsung galaxy s3 gt-i9305
So problem is that someone recommend me to install an app called chainfire3D which corrupted my phone now it dosen't start on boot but i am still able to go to recovery mode I've read somewhere that i need to flash ROM and i am completely new to flashing it means i will ask many questions during this operation

So,my first question is: when i done this work can i still root my mobile?

I will be very glad if i see some1 reply me please

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you search for how to install ROMs on the S3 using Odin. Then go to Sammobile.com and download the desired ROM. You can get exactly the original one you had, or even an unbranded one.

You will have to boot the phone in download mode and install the ROM via Odin, and your phone will be new again.

After that, you can try and root again.

I did that on my old Galaxy Ace, and it was perfect.

I also suggest you look for a tool to do nand backups, to backup the entire ROM, such as Clockwork Mod.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
All you need is the USB cable.

Since you can still boot in Recovery mode you can try clearing the cache. If that doesn't help, I'd suggest that you use the Kies software on your PC to flash the correct firmware - that will reduce the possibility of errors on your part in selecting an incorrect firmware.

And unless you have a specific reason for rooting, I'd suggest that you avoid that until you do have a reason (and until you learn more about the whole process - it clearly states that [root] Chainfire3D https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=eu.chainfire.cf3d&token=YzRo2uIJ is for rooted phones).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have my reason to root it, because i want more features on my android devices and do you think it will update my phone when i fix it (flashing) and it will became no more rootable anymore?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Flashing a valid ROM will should not make the phone unrootable. I've read lots of posts on this forum about problems with Chainfire. Don't try to use it again.

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Do you think I can start now with flashing I am not really sure because I searched in google and there are a lot of different tutorials how to flash rom of Samsung galaxy s3 (tutorials are actually the same about how to flash it) so I don't know which one I should follow and I forgot my android version which i may need to know how do I check it again?

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
As I noted in post #4, the safest option would be for you to use the Kies software on your PC. This will make sure you get the correct firmware for your model/carrier and will handle all of the flashing duties. All you need is the model number and IMEI (found under your battery); your USB cable; and obviously the Kies software (just do a Google search).
Once the Kies software is installed you'll want to put the phone in Download mode and connect it, letting the OS install the necessary drivers. When the phone is recognized you can begin the Emergency Recovery process.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I didn't thought about the kies software but i need a step by step tutorial on how to do it because I am completely new to flashing. I searched in google more than 10 times but It shows me many tutorials in different ways and i really think yours is the definetely best one so you may give me a link for it please and i am sorry to be such a pain for you

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
A Google search turned up http://samsung-kies.m.en.softonic.com/

Once you install that on your PC you'll want to run it once because it'll update itself to the latest version.

Then put your phone in Download mode (with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously and release them all when you see the splash screen) and then connect it to your PC. The PC will install the necessary drivers - be patient, as this can take several minutes.

In the Kies program on your PC, select Tools -> Emergency firmware recovery and just follow the prompts.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Umm, yeah, it may say something about installing a custom OS.
Once the phone says that, THEN connect it to the PC and let the PC install the necessary drivers.

(Note that when the phone is in that 'install a custom OS' mode, the only way to turn it off is by pulling the battery.)

Anyway, once the PC recognizes the phone you can continue with the process. It's the first item in the Tools menu.

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
do you think i can do the whole process with odin and a samsung driver? because samsung kies dosen't recognize my phone sorry
btw if i choose a firmware which is older what is going to happen and there are lots of firmware i can't choose because i am not sure!
my mobile is from switzerland (swisscom) which one of them you think i should choose Firmware archive | Samsung Updates

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
mysamsungbroke,
Yes, you can use Odin and the correct firmware instead of the Kies software.

You provided a link to i9305 firmware - are you SURE that's your model? (If you make a mistake here it's possible to turn your phone into an expensive paperweight.)

If that's the correct model, you'll want to select the link from SWC - that's your region code.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
SWC = Swisscom (it's your region code).
Just look in the list at that website you provided, find the one with SWC (in the 3rd column) and download that firmware (the 13th one in the list if I counted correctly). Then use Odin to flash it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel