Samsung Galaxy S3 became working slow

bhayou

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I purchased S3 few months back, since few weeks I have noticed my phone is responding very slow, I cannot find any solution and finding difficulty to operate, kindly let me know if there is any solution, my Android ver. 4.1.2

Waiting for your advise / reply

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you be more specific about "responding slow"? Does it do this for all apps or only certain ones? Did you install/update any apps around the time that the problem started?

What have you already tried to solve the problem? At a minimum you should restart the phone or perform a complete power off.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

bhayou

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Any app I open it takes time to start, even if I need to call it takes times to open contacts, I tried to switch off and on, but for few hours it works perfectly but later it starts to respond slow, do you have any solution for it.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can try booting into Recovery mode and clearing the cache.
With the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Up and Home and Power buttons simultaneously and release them all when you see the splash screen. Use the Volume rocker to navigate the menu and the Power button to select.
If clearing the cache doesn't work then I'd suggest a Factory Reset. You can use the Kies software on your PC to backup your information (contacts, SMS/MMS, call logs, etc). And also be sure to manually sync your Google account.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

TheTitan1530

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Any app I open it takes time to start, even if I need to call it takes times to open contacts, I tried to switch off and on, but for few hours it works perfectly but later it starts to respond slow, do you have any solution for it.

Oh thats an easy fix. Go to settings-> developer options-> turn it on if its off-> then turn off window, transition and animator scale and depending on what it was set on before, youll notice a difference in opening apps. You cant get any faster than this without rooting the phone

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I doubt that thisuploadfromtaptalk1375860177821.jpgwill fix the problem that he's describing, particularly since his phone was working faster and now isn't, but you never know - maybe he made those changes before and an OS update reset them.

TheTitan1530

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I doubt that thisView attachment 75948will fix the problem that he's describing, particularly since his phone was working faster and now isn't, but you never know - maybe he made those changes before and an OS update reset them.

Well since he said he said sometime his phone goes fast but sometimes it goes slow it can just be his mind playing tricks on him so I dont think its that serious of a problem for him to go ahead void his warranty and root the phone and install a rom in order to make his phone faster. The option I stated is the best you can do without rooting

Posted via Android Central App

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Method 1: If your device is on stock firmware, that also means it does not have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP not installed on it, do the following steps:

Pull out the the battery of your phone, wait for about 30 seconds and reinsert it to its place. Boot your device into ASR (Android System Recovery) mode. The method involves a hardware key combination and varies from one phone to another. For Samsung phones, for example, the key combination is Volume Up+ Home + Power keys. The tablets which generally have no Home button, you can enter the Recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Power keys simultaneously. In the Android System Recovery, scroll down to “wipe data/factory reset” option using the volume rockers and select it using the power key. In case, wiping the data factory does not help you, you should also try “wipe cache partition”. When you have wiped the data/factory, go back to the main menu and reboot the device by “reboot system now” option. The bootloop problem should be fixed now.

Method 2: If you have a rooted device with CWM Recovery installed and your phone is caught into a bootloop after flashing a custom ROM or mod, do as follows:

Pull out the battery, reinsert it after 30 seconds and boot the device into CWM Recovery: Volume Up+ Home + Power keys simultaneously. Go to “Advanced” Choose “Wipe dalvik-cache” Now go to “Mounts & Storage” Choose “Wipe /cache” Reboot your phone The bootloop should be gone now. If it still persists, do this.

Boot the phone again into CWM Recovery Now go to “Mounts & Storage” Choose “Wipe /data” Choose “Wipe /cache” Then reboot your phone. Now the phone should reboot normally. Next time when you install a ROM, follow the instructions prescribed by the developer. Be more attentive to the warnings before experimenting with any third party ROM or mod. Always ensure what you are about to install is meant for your device.

If the Above Methods Do Not Work! In case you are not able to get your device come out of bootloop, your final option should be to install or restore a previously backed up ROM by putting the device in recovery mode, or to install the official firmware/factory image to your phone your tablet.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Angela,
Unfortunately, the methods vary depending on which model you have. We'll need more information:
- model
- carrier
- current firmware version

Why do you want to root your phone - what are you hoping to do with a rooted phone that you can't do with the stock firmware?

P.S. Do you have access to a Windows-based PC?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Charlie_H777

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Samsung S3 4.3 software and the overall functionality of the phone is running very slow.

I have deleted old messages - clear memory and also reboot by taking the battery out.
Can any one help me?? thanks!

Afsal Alathiyoor

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi, had purchased s3 last month. but i feel it is very slow, after closing any apps, its not displaying apps in the phone. its take few seconds any then displays all apps

Waiting for your advise / reply

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
purchased s3 last month. but i feel it is very slow
Was this a brand new S3?
Has it been slow the whole time or did it start recently (perhaps following the installation of a particular app)?
You could go to Settings -> More (if using the Tab view) -> Developer options (you must have this option enabled) -> and set the three following items to Off:
- Window animation scale
- Transition animation scale
- Animator duration scale
2uvy9ysy.jpg

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro