s3 freezing and jumping from page to page , touch screen fault/hacking??

Astra Timmins

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
My phone has all of a sudden started freezing up. It happened a few timees so I restarted, turned power off and back on, removed nd replaced battery etc etc. Later in the day it began to jump from one page/app to.something completely different without me even touching the screen. It is extremely hard to text/type, as everytime I use.the keyboard , the settings page pops up or my phone decides.to. start calling the.person im texting. Also, my instagram app logged itself out and after I managed to log back in, a random photo which doesnt even exist on my phone, had been uploaded ..??? I have ran an anti virus check and it says I have no threats but still really confused as im convinced my phone has been hacked.or.something.. can anyone suggest anything ? X x

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My phone has all of a sudden started freezing up. It happened a few timees so I restarted, turned power off and back on, removed nd replaced battery etc etc. Later in the day it began to jump from one page/app to.something completely different without me even touching the screen. It is extremely hard to text/type, as everytime I use.the keyboard , the settings page pops up or my phone decides.to. start calling the.person im texting. Also, my instagram app logged itself out and after I managed to log back in, a random photo which doesnt even exist on my phone, had been uploaded ..??? I have ran an anti virus check and it says I have no threats but still really confused as im convinced my phone has been hacked.or.something.. can anyone suggest anything ? X x

I highly suggest rebooting into recovery and wiping cache. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'll see that cache wipe and raise you a Factory Reset!
(Sorry for the poker humor - it's been one of those days.)

If wiping the cache in Recovery mode doesn't help then you should perform a Factory Reset. You should be able to use the Kies software on your PC to backup your information prior to the Factory Reset. If that doesn't help then the only thing I could suggest, before asking for a hardware replacement, would be to reload the firmware using the Kies software.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

kewena

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
i got same freezing and spastic problem, did you fix yours? I did a factory reset but that didnt fix it. Thinking of rooting hoping its a software not hardware fault. Any other suggestions?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset but that didnt fix it.
Did you also clear the system cache in Recovery mode?

After performing the Factory Reset did you immediately reload all of your apps, or did you try using it clean for awhile to see if the freezing went away?

What model is it?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

kewena

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I hadnt cleared the cache but hav just done that now in recovery mode. For a minute there after rebooting things appeared even worse with apps firing up all over the place. I was pretty annoyed and while wondering what to do i noticed the back cover (white leather-look one) wasnt closed properly. After clicking that into place all the spasmodic behaviour stopped. I dont kno if thats a good sign or not. I unclipped the back cover in that same place to test if spasms would happen again but they didnt.

Fone appears all gud an normal at the moment. I havnt reloaded any apps yet, will jus see how fone behaves for awhile. Im not confident yet to attempt rooting it plus havent read any good reviews on rooting the N3. This model is GT-N9000.

Thanks so much GDSer and Golfdriver97 for your help and Astra Timmins for having same issues.