Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Apps to SD card

On the Sprint GS3, is there a way to move apps to the SD card? The phone I am using is a replacement phone from eBay and it shows only 1.4gb free. I do not have that much on the phone. So I am not sure why it does that. I thought if I could move some or all apps to the card I could free up some space.

Last resort is to reset.

Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Apps to SD card

Go to settings. Click on applications. Choose the app. The click move to sd card.
    Hope that i could be of assistance.

txfarmboy,
    Rather than fiddling with moving apps to the SDCard you may want to try solving the problem of your missing storage space.
    If you go to Settings -> Storage and post a screenshot that would be helpful - it should look similar to thisApps to SD card-uploadfromtaptalk1376335452766.jpgYou say that you got it off eBay - what model does it list (under the battery)? What size is it supposed to be?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well, I just reset my phone and that seemed to take care of storage issues, but I still am unable to save apps to sd card. Here is what I see when I goto manage applications for facebook:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apps to SD card-1376393029446.jpg  

I was under the impression that Google removed the capability to move apps to SDCard in Jelly Bean (because they're generally trying to do away with SDCards altogether). I've read that Samsung added that capability back (in 4.2.2?) for certain phones, but my Verizon SCH-i535 is not one of them, so I can't help you out there.
    There still seem to be a bunch of 3rd party apps that advertise this functionality but I don't know if any of them work with Jelly Bean.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    txfarmboy likes this.

You are correct. Google remove the move to SD with ICS and Samsung is adding it back with the 4.2.2 or 4.3 which ever they send to us. The apps from Google Play to move to SD require rooting the phone to work.
    txfarmboy likes this.