Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default Battery Helper (Saver) Apps

Hello all,

For some reason, I can't read the reviews on Google Play today, so I was hoping to get some answers here. I'm looking to install a battery management app to my S3. I'm having some battery issues (I think it's the charger, but I'm trying to investigate).

I found these 4 apps as top rated on Google, but wanted your opinion on them:

Power Battery Saver
    Easy Battery Saver
    Battery Doctor
    JuiceDefender

I can't tell if they're paid or not (browser seems to be messed up, and my phone isn't with me). Are these apps like blackberry "profiles"? I.e., I can set a "at home" profile to turn on WiFi and data etc, or "driving" profile to keep everything off, or just keep bluetooth on. or a "meeting" profile to turn everything off etc.

I read that they are quiet detailed.

Thanks for all the tips!

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Battery Helper (Saver) Apps

Quote Originally Posted by grkmnl View Post
    Hello all,

For some reason, I can't read the reviews on Google Play today, so I was hoping to get some answers here. I'm looking to install a battery management app to my S3. I'm having some battery issues (I think it's the charger, but I'm trying to investigate).

I found these 4 apps as top rated on Google, but wanted your opinion on them:

Power Battery Saver
    Easy Battery Saver
    Battery Doctor
    JuiceDefender

I can't tell if they're paid or not (browser seems to be messed up, and my phone isn't with me). Are these apps like blackberry "profiles"? I.e., I can set a "at home" profile to turn on WiFi and data etc, or "driving" profile to keep everything off, or just keep bluetooth on. or a "meeting" profile to turn everything off etc.

I read that they are quiet detailed.

Thanks for all the tips!
    It is my opinion that most battery savers at best do nothing for your battery. If you would really like to save battery check out this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ving-tips.html

Instead, how about fully charging, and right before you plug it back in for another charge (dropping to about 25%) take screenshots of your battery stats and the graph, and posting them?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    GTWalling likes this.

I use Slim roms instead of stock rom and save battery a lot.

All 4 of those apps that you listed are free to download and they all allow you to set "profiles" or "schedules" that turn on and off certain features during specific times or at certain locations to conserve battery. I personally use battery doctor and like it. It looks very professional and gives me a pretty accurate approximation of how much battery power I have left as well as keeps track of what apps drain my battery the most.