how to get private photos off a non working screen but phone still works

Dana5318

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I have private photos in a photo vault on my broken galaxy S3. The phone works but the screen is completely done for. Anyway am I able to get the files off the photo vault app that are locked on the phone off my computer or something?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
What kind of...private photos? Perhaps I can help.

:D ...just kidding.

That's tricky. If you connect the phone to your PC you may be able to access the files that the photos are locked in and copy them off but you'd need to know what files you were looking for and perhaps need another working phone to copy them back to actually access (if they're encrypted). I'm just guessing. You may also get some assistance from the developer of the vault app if you contact them.

Good luck.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Which photo vault app are you using? You should be able to contact the developer to find out where the files are stored.
As the previous poster noted, if you connect the phone to your PC you may be able to copy the files off of the phone. Then you could put them on the replacement along with the app and hopefully unlock them.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Dana5318

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. But when I connect the phone to my computer where exactly should I go to get all my files? I am completely clueless when it comes to this stuff.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463