Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kenneth Rougeou
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Imported Calendar and Can't Edit

I imported the appropriate calendar file and it now shows up in my calendar on my S3. But I can't edit anything. Help please!

Default Re: Imported Calendar and Can't Edit

Quote Originally Posted by stinster74 View Post
    But I can't edit anything.
    Please define:
    - you can't create new entries
    - you can't edit an existing event
    Which calendar app are you using?
    Where did you export the calendar from?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

I have the same problem. I can make new entries on the Note 3 (Kit Kat), but I can't edit the imported ones. While I go through Smooth Calendar widget, it uses the built in Calender app. I can share and forward events, but can't make edits to imported events like birthdays.

Mine was exported from a Droid Razr, using the same Smooth Calendar app, accessing the Razr's Calendar app.

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Rougeou View Post
    I can make new entries on the Note 3 (Kit Kat), but I can't edit the imported ones.
    Have you tried using the stock Calendar app to edit the imported events?
    Do these events show up in your Google calendar (online)? If so, can you edit them there?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Smooth Calendar is mainly a widget that displays info from the calendar you link it to. I have tried accessing the calendar using both Smooth Calendar and directly through the app menu. Neither way allows me to edit. I *can* delete entries. Google Calendar supplies holiday events, but the birthdays and such I've imported are not on Google Calendar.

If I absolutely have to I'll add them manually, but that seems to defeat the purpose of importing and exporting data between smartphones.

Perhaps the simplest thing to do would be to import the events into the Google Calendar? Once you've done that you can go back to using whichever app you prefer to manage them.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Before I forget, I wanted to thank you for your time and help.

I did uninstall Smooth Calender to see if it was interfering, but to no avail. I also researched Google calendar to see if I could import, but I don't think it supports the format that the Droid Razr saved them on itself.

I went ahead and input everything manually into Google calender, and then manually deleted all the old, now duplicate entries. Not ideal, but next time I won't save everything to the device.
    GSDer likes this.

Might have something to do with the way Kit Kat doesn't allow programs to edit info from other programs.
    I think Google kicked themselves in the arse with this. It seems like even copying info from one SD card to another results in problems

AC App on SGS3
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE