1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Help! Recover lost photos no root!!

I accidently deleted a photo and I'm really pissed to find out you can't access the mass storage mode on a Samsung Galaxy S3 without it being rooted first. I just don't know what to do. I've searched all over and everything I find is an "easy" fix and will recover your photos BUT only if your phone is rooted first. Well mine is not.

So next my question is, if you root your phone won't you lose all the information on it? So basically I'm screwed right? Because I can't root my phone and then recover?

I've never rooted my phone so I wouldn't even know where to start. I just feel so screwed over right now. Does anyone know of a way to recover accidently deleted photos without rooting first?

I have this software installed right now, but it can't access my phone because I can't set it to be mass storage mode.

Help! Please!

Default Re: Help! Recover lost photos no root!!

This App won't help this time, but to avoid future accidental deletions I use "Dumpster" from the Google Play Store-->
    It essentially acts like a Recycling Bin on Windows.

Along with Dumpster: you should use something like Cloud Drive: (automatic backup of your pictures/videos; 5GB free).

I'm not sure about your information regarding Mass Storage Mode - my phone is rooted and has the same PTP/MTP modes. Anyway, depending on what method you use to root, you may have all of your data intact.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting - that website doesn't say anything about Android - it only mentions iDevices.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by derek murphy1 View Post
    I used quick easy pen drive got all my stuff back pics and messages and more
    looks like its only with iphone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Along with Dumpster: you should use something like Cloud Drive: (automatic backup of your pictures/videos; 5GB free).

I'm not sure about your information regarding Mass Storage Mode - my phone is rooted and has the same PTP/MTP modes. Anyway, depending on what method you use to root, you may have all of your data intact.

Could you tell me the best way to root that would save my data (or hopefully save it)?

If they were save to the Internal SD then rooting will not help. The root method will only work with the External SD. Now if the photos were on the External SD just take out the SD card and put in into a card reader and use any recovery method of choice with the PC. Google did away with Mass Storage with the ICS update. Now that said their is software that may be able to do it. It is kind of pricey. It is $49.95.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by darcygavin View Post
    Android comes with a default integration with drop box. Meaning all your photo's gets uploaded automatically to dropbox unless you disable it.
    First I've heard of this - when did this start? I've never had anything automatically uploaded to Dropbox.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

I tried over a dozen PC apps. None worked completely or fully. I finally used EaseUS Data Recovery and it found all my files, videos and pictures. WOW! Paid $56 though
    Thanked by:
    GSDer