- 4 Posts
2 amp charger for S3?
I need to get a new charger for my S3 as my old one is dying out on me. Alot of people have told me to order the 2amp Note 2 charger but i am unsure if the extra power will affect the phone or battery life. Anyone if there is any effects?
Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 08-18-2013 at 12:35 PM.
- 08-18-2013, 04:05 AM #2
- 08-18-2013, 12:13 PM #3
- 128 Posts
Re: 2amp charger
First of all the wall wart *isn't* the charger it's just a dumb power supply. The actual charging circuit is in the *phone* and it's a fairly smart one. Tests done by users over in xda-developers show it limits the amount of current the battery can draw to about 0.9 amps regardless of the current available whether 1 amp, 2 amps or 200 amps. You won't see any benefit from a 2 amp power supply but it won't damage the phone either. Also when the battery is fully charged it shuts down totally--it doesn't continue trickle charging like simpler chargers. The supplied 1 amp "charger" does get warm when full rate charging is happening--and will probably fail earlier--a 2 amp model doesn't so that might be a reason to justify the 2 amp.
- 08-19-2013, 04:50 PM #4
- 08-19-2013, 06:59 PM #5
- 08-21-2013, 11:31 AM #6
- 128 Posts
Re: 2 amp charger for S3?
- By mikemike162012 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 10Last Post: 08-21-2013, 12:13 AM
- By daaarn in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) AccessoriesReplies: 5Last Post: 08-15-2013, 02:34 PM
- By Adam Goodison in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:11 PM
- By RealMayer in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 4Last Post: 08-08-2013, 10:45 PM
- By Fubaz in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 08-08-2013, 05:47 PM