- 9 Posts
Text messages with pictures showing up as videos or expired
Friends send me text messages with a picture and the picture shows up as a video and a message that says it has expired with a download link. Why doesn't the picture simply show up? Do I need to set a particular setting in my S3? I used to get pictures, now I don't. I am using Juice Defender...could that be causing a problem? Thanks for your help. This is really making me crazy!
- 08-19-2013, 12:09 AM #2
- 3,035 Posts
Re: Text messages with pictures showing up as videos or expired
Text messages with pictures (aka MMS) require a mobile data connection to automatically download. Since Juice Defender manages your mobile data connection, turning it off unless it's needed, the MMS comes in without a mobile data connection and just provides a link to the attachment. You have to download it manually and if your mobile data is turned off it won't download (it won't download over a Wi-Fi connection).
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
- By mattjennewein in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 9Last Post: 11-11-2013, 09:55 AM
- By carolyn b in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 08-24-2013, 06:54 PM
- By chaddix77 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2013, 10:52 PM
- By stevekat in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 08-18-2013, 08:00 PM
- By paisley99 in forum Moto XReplies: 0Last Post: 08-18-2013, 04:25 PM