Galaxy S3 just.. died

Go Easy Jerk

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
New to the forums but I've lurked for a while, I've been having a problem with my S3 and can't seem to find an answer on any of the threads I've browsed.

My Galaxy S3 was working fine, then I tried to unlock the home screen and nothing happened. I figured the battery may have died, so I pressedthe power button and nothing happened, I then tried a longer press and again nothing happened, I then tried to do the factory reset thing where I held the volume, power, and home screen buttons all at once and again nothing happened.

I got home and plugged it into the wall charger and there was no red charging light, I took the battery out and plugged it in and there was a red light but phone wouldn't power on. I put the battery back in and the charging light went back off.

If anyone has a clue as to what this might be your input would be appreciated.

Cheers

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
New to the forums but I've lurked for a while, I've been having a problem with my S3 and can't seem to find an answer on any of the threads I've browsed.

My Galaxy S3 was working fine, then I tried to unlock the home screen and nothing happened. I figured the battery may have died, so I pressedthe power button and nothing happened, I then tried a longer press and again nothing happened, I then tried to do the factory reset thing where I held the volume, power, and home screen buttons all at once and again nothing happened.

I got home and plugged it into the wall charger and there was no red charging light, I took the battery out and plugged it in and there was a red light but phone wouldn't power on. I put the battery back in and the charging light went back off.

If anyone has a clue as to what this might be your input would be appreciated.

Cheers

Welcome to the forums!
First thing I would do is try a new battery. Or, perhaps if you know someone else who has an S3, try their battery. If that one turns your phone on, there is the problem.

dme3ha

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem about 2 months ago. There is a problem that Samsung has admitted that is called Sudden Death Syndrome. It has been talked about since 2012 in many places (search it and you will find many reputable links about it).
Took it to service center, they said it was a fried motherboard...said nothing about the syndrome though...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem about 2 months ago. There is a problem that Samsung has admitted that is called Sudden Death Syndrome. It has been talked about since 2012 in many places (search it and you will find many reputable links about it).
Took it to service center, they said it was a fried motherboard...said nothing about the syndrome though...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Welcome to the forums!
I too have heard of the sudden death syndrome. Similar to the XBOX Red Ring of Death, or the more rare PS3 Yellow Light of Death.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon