Smart Launcher + TalkBack fail

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
So I've just started using SmartLauncher which I love...but there is a Smart Launder Notifications plug-in that you activate through Accessiblity settings. When I turned my phone on today, my phone activated TalkBack and I honestly thought my phone was broken for good. I just restarted the phone again to see if I could ping it, and TalkBack turned itself on again. Is there a workaround this? I don't need this useless feature and I don't see how anyone who is blind would benefit from it.

I'm not rooted/rommed and don't want to be. I also don't want to give up my SmartLauncher!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
So I've just started using SmartLauncher which I love...but there is a Smart Launder Notifications plug-in that you activate through Accessiblity settings. When I turned my phone on today, my phone activated TalkBack and I honestly thought my phone was broken for good. I just restarted the phone again to see if I could ping it, and TalkBack turned itself on again. Is there a workaround this? I don't need this useless feature and I don't see how anyone who is blind would benefit from it.

I'm not rooted/rommed and don't want to be. I also don't want to give up my SmartLauncher!

Smart launcher is great, I have the pro, althought I'm not currently using it. Have you tried the recommendation that the dev gives in the description? See screenshot below under "note 2:"

Attachments

• 1377034217759.jpg
    1377034217759.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 9

Obscure_Words

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

I hope I still get a reply with the post done a while ago, but I'm having this exact same problem, but I'm following the same steps in the description, but it doesn't seem to be working for. I can't disable the Samsung TTS engine, so I was wondering if there is anything else that I can do? I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, and I was wondering if anything you can think of that I can do will help?

Many Thanks

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anything you can think of that I can do will help?
Did you go to Settings -> (My device) -> Accessibility and turn off Talkback? (Unfortunately, you'll have to do this every time you restart the phone.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Ashley Austria

May 9, 2014
Visit site
can someone help me!!!!!
i dont know how to fix this problem.
my smart launcher notification plug in wont stay permanent. every now and then it works fine but give it a few hours it will stop working so i have to go to preferences and activate the plugin again. getting really tired of having to reactivate it over and over. is there any way for it to stay permanent?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
my smart launcher notification plug in wont stay permanent. every now and then it works fine but give it a few hours it will stop working so i have to go to preferences and activate the plugin again.
I assume that Smart Launcher: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.apofa.saveClicks&token=02vRhpdY is the main app that you're using?

And Smart Launcher Notifications: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...inlemon.smartlauncher.notifier&token=w5Q1hPOh is the plug-in that you're referring to? Have you tried contacting the developer? gingenzo@gmail.com

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670