Can I get the s3 to work in my area somehow?

BlueV0lt

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking into switching from my at&t service to straight talk because it's just so much cheaper, and in doing so upgrading phones.
If I stay with at&t I can get a galaxy s3 for like $200 but it has a $90 a month bill that isn't even unlimited anything. If I switched to straight talk its $45 a month for unlimited everything. I can get the phone through at&t, but the problem with straight talk is they told me the phone won't work in my area. What the difference between theirs and at&t's phone if one will work and the other won't. Would it be possible to buy an unlocked s3 and put a straight talk sim card into it?

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
U can put any sim in an unlocked phone. Att T-Mobile straight talk ect. But if u are really looking into unlimited everything if tmo got good coverage than u should look into them.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

BlueV0lt

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I can get overeager with an s3 on at&t network, but straight talk says it won't give me covereage. Is there a difference in the phones? The s4 also won't work here on straight talk but will on at&t. The s2 however does work in my area on straight talk. But I'd rather the s3 over the s2.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Two things here. If you buy the phone at AT&T with no service they will more than likely charge you full price for the phone not the $200. Also if you purchase the AT&T version AT&T would have to unlock it for you. They may refuse without service to unlock the phone. As of now it is still illegal to unlock a device except by the carrier.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What about the Google Nexus 4? That'll definitely work on T-Mobile (unsure about StraightTalk) and it's a smoking deal right now in the Google Play Store ($249 for the 16GB version).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
What about the Google Nexus 4? That'll definitely work on T-Mobile (unsure about StraightTalk) and it's a smoking deal right now in the Google Play Store ($249 for the 16GB version).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Definitely think about getting the Nexus 4. It's cheap and you can use either ATT, T-Mobile or straight talk with it.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Two things here. If you buy the phone at AT&T with no service they will more than likely charge you full price for the phone not the $200. Also if you purchase the AT&T version AT&T would have to unlock it for you. They may refuse without service to unlock the phone. As of now it is still illegal to unlock a device except by the carrier.

Thats only half the story. Its NOT illegal to unlock a phone u bought full price. And u can go anywhere to unlock it.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma