GS3 screen won't scroll and require tap then double tap to do anything! Please help!

Bella Hartell

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Had the S3 for a while now and never seen this before. The screen requires a single tap, at which time an outline box appears around the app or widget icon, then it requires a double tap to open what ever is selected. Tried to go into settings but without scroll ability, can't do much. Please help! Don't know how or why this happened or how to fix it!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Is the phone talking to you when you perform these taps? Sounds alot like TalkBack is enabled.
If I recall correctly you had to drag two fingers on the screen to navigate. Settings -> Accessibility -> TalkBack.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Bella Hartell

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much! I had no idea what talkback is or how it got enabled! Much appreciated!

Is the phone talking to you when you perform these taps? Sounds alot like TalkBack is enabled.
If I recall correctly you had to drag two fingers on the screen to navigate. Settings -> Accessibility -> TalkBack.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
TalkBack often gets turned on when other apps are installed in the Accessibility Services sectionuploadfromtaptalk1378179504885.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2

Lori5210

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 the information screen wont scroll down, I have to tap then double tap on apps I went to settings and it wont scroll !! Is there anyway that I can fix this ?

Rom-er

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 the information screen wont scroll down, I have to tap then double tap on apps I went to settings and it wont scroll !! Is there anyway that I can fix this ?
Did you not read this thread and check the settings they mention?

Turn off the talk back feature as stated a few posts up. Read before asking because most questions have already been asked and answered somewhere here, that's what the forums are for.

xfoneguy55

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a different handset but same exact problem - I was getting ready to ship it back to Amazon as I thought it was trashed. Like you, I couldnt navigate "Settings". I finally went back to settings and was able to use the "search" option and typed in (still a pain!) "talkback" - the word popped up a line or two down as a selection. I tapped it a few times and finally got to the "on/off" for it and with much persistence was able to turn it off and VOILA!! It worked - thank you whoever suggested this as the problem - After all was said and done, I remembered inadvertently turning on this "talkback" option. Thank you thank you!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital