Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GS3 screen won't scroll and require tap then double tap to do anything! Please help!

Had the S3 for a while now and never seen this before. The screen requires a single tap, at which time an outline box appears around the app or widget icon, then it requires a double tap to open what ever is selected. Tried to go into settings but without scroll ability, can't do much. Please help! Don't know how or why this happened or how to fix it!

Default Re: GS3 screen won't scroll and require tap then double tap to do anything! Please help!

Is the phone talking to you when you perform these taps? Sounds alot like TalkBack is enabled.
    If I recall correctly you had to drag two fingers on the screen to navigate. Settings -> Accessibility -> TalkBack.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:

Default Re: GS3 screen won't scroll and require tap then double tap to do anything! Please help!

See here: Cannot unlock phone (post #6)
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you so much! I had no idea what talkback is or how it got enabled! Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Is the phone talking to you when you perform these taps? Sounds alot like TalkBack is enabled.
    If I recall correctly you had to drag two fingers on the screen to navigate. Settings -> Accessibility -> TalkBack.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Talkback is a setting in the Accessibility section of the setup menu.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

TalkBack often gets turned on when other apps are installed in the Accessibility Services sectionGS3 screen won't scroll and require tap then double tap to do anything! Please help!-uploadfromtaptalk1378179504885.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2