HELP: S3 doesn't turn on, keeps flashing "Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300"

Mads07

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

Not the phone does not go into download mode. If I do take out the battery and put it back (after waiting for some time) - the phone goes back into flashing mode and displays me samsung GT logo. it does not start-up Can I somehow forcefully push the phone into download mode?

May be try this:
remove the battery, Press and hold the power button, Volume and Home button, ask some one to insert the battery.

Thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Should I download Odin v3.07 to my computer and connect the phone to my computer to upgrade the firmware using Odin v3.07?
Yes
If so, can I put the phone on Download mode - "press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all after the Samsung splash screen and connect the phone to PC with the USB cable?
Yes
And is it OK to select the firmware version that is currently available in India?
If the phone previously had 4.3 just be sure the new firmware is 4.3 or greater.
And what will happen to my data "especially inbox messages, photos, internet browser bookmarks and saved web pages" if I try to reload the firmware?
Hopefully your data will be intact - there's just no guarantee.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Tom Adari

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
i have the exact same problem i have the samsung galaxy s3 GT-I9300 i go to put it in recovery mode and it says press voolume up button to continue but my volume up button is broken what do i do?!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
i go to put it in recovery mode and it says press volume up button to continue but my volume up button is broken what do i do?!
You're trying to boot into Recovery mode (Home + Volume Up + Power) or Download mode (Home + Volume Down + Power)?

Your Volume Up rocker is actually broken, or it isn't going into Download mode?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

juliet14

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello Folks,

I am facing similar issue. I received an update to Android 4.3 about 2 weeks ago and since my phone is behaving weird. Most of the times, it goes into dead-lock mode flashing Samsung S3 GT - i9300 screen.

Unfortunately, I cannot take my phone to Samsung as it is out of warranty. I tried pressing "power+volume down and home screen" button, it displays the warning message where in I can either press Volume Up to proceed or Volume down to cancel - in both of the options, phone again goes back into dead-lock flashing the samsung s3 gt logo. I have installed Kies and followed the instructions under "firmware upgrade and intialization" - it goes till the very end of the scView attachment 113863reen under which "start uppgrade" button is disabled. (See the attached screen shot)

Any help is appreciated!

I am facing the exact same problem
my S3 is stuck on the Samsung screen after the update & I cannot tern it on
I followed the steps of kies 3 and the "start uppgrade" button is disabled at the last step , although i'm using USB 2 !

Now I will try the Odin but I don't know which region should I select?!

Tom Adari

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
i pressed the volume down and home button and then it says "WARNING!!" and then it says volume up to continue but i cant cause the volume up is broken

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Now I will try the Odin but I don't know which region should I select?
I take it that you have the GT-i9300? When you mouse-over the region codes (do this on a real computer with a mouse, not on a mobile device browser) you'll see the country and carrier listed (ex. United Kingdom/E3) so just scroll until you find the one closest to your area/carrier.

Mads07

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
YesYesIf the phone previously had 4.3 just be sure the new firmware is 4.3 or greater.Hopefully your data will be intact - there's just no guarantee.

in

Hi GSDer, I found Odin 3.09 Version N7000XXLT5 Android 4.1.2 JB Firmware For Galaxy Note N7000 - How To Guide | True Android | #1 Custom Android Resource , too, Can I follow that? because Firmware archive | Samsung Updates list hasn't got firmware for UK's unlocked version. Its just got United Kingdom (orange) United Kingdom (02). and there nothing for India where I made my recent software upgrade.

Stefradyn

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. I just unlocked my screen when it switched of and kept flashing the Samsung Galazy S4 GT-19500 sign. It wont switch on or do anything, no lights burn when putting phone on charge. I read some of the posts which suggested updating through your PC. When I connected it through the USB it didn't pick up my phone... Please help!!!!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Can I follow that?
Yes, that should work. The main thing is to get the stock firmware back on there; you can deal with any regional issues (if any) once the phone is working again.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
It wont switch on or do anything, no lights burn when putting phone on charge.
Have you tried taking the battery out, waiting a couple of minutes and then reinserting it?

By 'it won't switch on' you mean that you don't see anything on the screen; you don't feel any vibration; you don't hear any audio?

Stefradyn

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
absolutely nothing happen. As soon as putting in the battery and inserting it, it goes on flashing the samsung sign on and of the whole time unable to do anything with the phone.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
absolutely nothing happen
This does not equal
As soon as putting in the battery and inserting it, it goes on flashing the samsung sign on
this!

If you put the battery in and the phone immediately begins to boot and you see the Samsung logo on the screen then something IS happening.

It sounds like your Power button is jammed in, or the actual Power switch on the mainboard is stuck. Take a look at your case (if you have one) to make sure it's not pressing on the Power button. It might help to smack the side of the phone (the side with the Power button) into your hand or some other firm (but not hard) surface.

Lakeesh Incendier

May 1, 2014
Visit site
this problem occured about 6 months back....lasted for few weeks then the problem disappeared...now again the same problem...so there is no problem with my power button

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Mads07

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that should work. The main thing is to get the stock firmware back on there; you can deal with any regional issues (if any) once the phone is working again.

Hi GSDer,

I'm successfully done with firmware upgrading, but the same is happening, I keep getting the Samsung flash, Phone doesn't move forward, Is Factory data reset the only option left for now?

Thanks

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Is Factory data reset the only option left for now?
You can certainly do that, along with wiping the cache in Recovery mode, but I don't think it's going to help. Flashing the firmware is usually the solution. Sorry, I can't think of any other options.

Mads07

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
You can certainly do that, along with wiping the cache in Recovery mode, but I don't think it's going to help. Flashing the firmware is usually the solution. Sorry, I can't think of any other options.

Thank you for the help mate, I finally did a factory data reset by holding my breath, much to my surprise, I got the photos, downloaded files back in the phone. I lost inbox messages and internet saved pages and bookmarks.

Thanks a lot for guiding me through, now over a GB of the internal memory is free.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084