Forgive my stupidity but can you use smileys on the S3

sad_old_man

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for this stupid question but it's not my phone its my wife's phone. She wants to know how she inserts a smiley in her text? She is a few thousand miles away at the moment so I can't get hold of the phone. Any quick answers that I can text her about how to do this.

Thanks

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Or just physically type one :)
The method depends on the keyboard app in use; the Messaging app; etc.

If she were using SwiftKey: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey then long-pressing on the Enter character would bring up the stock smilies.

If she's using the stock Samsung keyboard then long-pressing on the period key will bring up the available smilies.uploadfromtaptalk1378535973661.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2

sad_old_man

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks very much I'll text her and tell her. Mmmmmmmm knowing her I may be back?

Oh while I'm here could you give me an honest opinion of the S4? Her in doors who shall be obeyed is due an upgrade in three weeks.

Thanks!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hard to give you an honest opinion of a phone that I don't own and have not played with. All the stuff I've read suggests that it's a good phone, and the S4 Active is particularly interesting if you have a tendency to be clumsy near water. :eek:

But with the technology moving so fast there are already better phones out there (well, depending on your carrier; and of course, depending on what you're really looking for in a phone). If I were going to buy a new phone I'd be looking at the LG G2 or Sony Xperia Z1, and perhaps the yet-to-be-announced Google Nexus (5?). As with the S4, those are phones that I've read about but don't own, nor have I played with them. And they're selections based on my interests, which may be totally different than your SOs.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463