Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GTWalling
  • 1 Post By Scyntrus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [Solved] Deleting images from Gallery in Backgrounds and Dropbox Section

Hey, I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S3 and I synced with my Google account and it added two folders to my gallery, both from at least 2 years ago. I've tried looking around and deleting the Google account and restarting it. But I still haven't fixed it. So could I get some help on how to delete the pictures and/or the folders?
    Last edited by Scyntrus; 09-07-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Re: Deleting images from Gallery in Backgrounds and Dropbox Section

Quote Originally Posted by Scyntrus View Post
    Hey, I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S3 and I synced with my Google account and it added two folders to my gallery, both from at least 2 years ago. I've tried looking around and deleting the Google account and restarting it. But I still haven't fixed it. So could I get some help on how to delete the pictures and/or the folders?
    I am not sure if I understood you correctly! But to delete contents on your GS3, open My Files, find the folder to delete, long press on it, and select Delete!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sorry, let me make it more clear. I Synced with my google account (I think) and it added to new folders to my Gallery. Backgrounds and Drop Box. They both have the Picasa Logo on next to the number of pictures in it unlike the regular folder icon. I'd like to be able to delete them.

Get into Settings scroll down to Accounts and select Google. Now select your Account (your email addess). Now scroll down and uncheck Sync Picasa Web albums. Now go back to the Main Settings window and down to Application manager. Move over to All and then down to Gallery and select it. Now Clear cache, Clear data and Force stop. Go back to Home screen and reboot phone. Go into the Gallery and the Picasa pictures should be gone.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That worked! Thank you so much!
    GTWalling likes this.

Default Re: [Solved] Deleting images from Gallery in Backgrounds and Dropbox Section

Good Job

Default Re: [Solved] Deleting images from Gallery in Backgrounds and Dropbox Section

GTWalling is a god. That worked

it actually is really simple: but this is what was discovered on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    1) go to your gallery
    2) go to settings
    3) you will see your email
    4) tap your email
    5) you will have check marks, signaling what you are connected to using your email
    6) uncheck any account that you don't want to be synced with
    7) or you can just press remove account after step 4
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 

will it delete all my other photos that arent in my dropbox folder if i clear cache?

Thank you! You saved me from losing my mind LOL