Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gozirra
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone know how I make my cell phone open my apartment building door?

I need to press and hold "9" for 3 seconds to buzz someone in. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. When I press and hold the "9" key, the tone does not last long enough. I tried pressing multiple times with no success.

Is there any way to make a cell phone do this?

Thanks

Default Re: Anyone know how I make my cell phone open my apartment building door?

You need nfc enabled door locks but I think the range is quiet short.have a look on the net

Posted via Android Central App on my s3 GT 19300

Global Posts
    13,973 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Anyone know how I make my cell phone open my apartment building door?

Quote Originally Posted by jgawrych View Post
    I need to press and hold "9" for 3 seconds to buzz someone in. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. When I press and hold the "9" key, the tone does not last long enough. I tried pressing multiple times with no success.

Is there any way to make a cell phone do this?

Thanks
    You may be able to find a dialer app that allows changing the key tone. That is the only thing I can think of.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted S3

Hit the green Phone icon. Hit the menu button. Call settings. Scroll all the way to the bottom. DTMF Tones (set length of DTMF tones). Tap Long. See if that works?

If not, here's a free app that plays the DTMF tone for as long as you press the button, sounds like what you need.

Golfdriver97 likes this.