Help Please

pynkrshn

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S3. I love it, but I am having a problem. I install game apps for a little, play them and then delete when done. I keep getting little notifications at the top of my screen for dumb stuff ( meeting people, credit reports, going back to school). It shows a little orange star at the top. When I pull it down and press it, it takes me directly to the dumb stuff. I have deleted all games and apps except Ebay, Redbox, Netflix and Pandora. I installed Addons Detector and Avast (for security) with hopes that it would help get rid of the annoyance. Addons Detector shows that there was something downloaded a day ago BUT...it says it is Network 1.25 1124. It shows as a push notification, which would explain the dumb little stars popping up. But, is this something I can remove? What is it? Will it mess up my wifi or network if I just get rid of it? What did I do that made it act like this so that I don't do it again? I have looked every where online for an answer and have not come up with squat. I was hoping SOMEBODY maybe did the same thing I did and can help. I don't want to just uninstall it and then it mess up my phone. So if anyone can give me some help, that would be great. :(

pynkrshn

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply. I installed the Lookout Ad Detector. It shows there are two items that can display ads in my notification bar. Airpush And Startapp. When I click on Airpush, it shows that the app that uses it is "Network 1.25. When I hit the opt out button to stop receiving ads, it says "Item Not Found". So, what does that mean? IS my suffering over? lol Also, can I use Lookout Detector instead of Addons Detector? I just want my phone running great. Thanks again!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I've used addons detector before and it worked fine.

I just uninstalled the offending apps! :thumbup::D
The hell with them! :banghead::mad:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez