- 2 Posts
Verizon S3 acting weird today! Lock Screen button brings up Device Options
I have had this phone for a little over a year, and today, repeatedly, when I would press the "lock screen" button on the right edge, the screen would come on, and if i press it again, it would display "device options", asking me to power off, airplane mode or restart, or change sound profiles, instead of turning the screen off.
Other times, the "device options" screen would come up on its own. It's as if the "screen lock" button is stuck or something.
- 09-09-2013, 07:51 PM #2
- 3,140 Posts
Re: Verizon S3 acting weird today! Lock Screen button brings up Device Options
Well, the Power button (what you call the "Lock Screen" button) is supposed to bring up the "Device options" dialog if you long-press it while the screen is on. It's possible that the button mechanism is getting a little sticky; perhaps some gunk has started building up between the button and the actual switch. You could take the back off and use some compressed air to blow around that area (make sure the phone is off and the battery is out).
Have you recently installed a case, or taken the existing case off/on or switched to a different case?
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2
- By sharkextreme in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 2Last Post: 09-11-2013, 06:56 PM
- By meeguustaa in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 09-10-2013, 08:49 AM
- By andog88 in forum HTC OneReplies: 3Last Post: 09-10-2013, 04:26 AM
- By pjoseph in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 1Last Post: 09-09-2013, 06:32 PM
- By kjhee43 in forum Moto XReplies: 2Last Post: 09-09-2013, 05:00 PM