- 233 Posts
- CM 10.2
Rooting the S3 without a custom recover?
Is it possible to root the Canadian version of the S3 so that I have the root functions without installing a custom recovery? I heard that if I install custom recovery it will stop all official OTA updates. I need root permissions for few apps, but I like the Samsung stock software.
Is there a guide on here or some other site or a movie that explain how to root with Odin3 without the use of custom recovery?
- 09-15-2013, 02:53 AM #3
- 22 Posts
- rooted stock
Re: Rooting the S3 without a custom recover?
lol, you sure after you get root that you'd be able to stop the modding bug? You might as well go full AOSP. If you're asking "why?" my response would be "why not?". Liquidsmooth changed my world, screw ota
"you gotta be a lil crazy to stay sane..."
- 09-15-2013, 03:07 AM #4
Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz
- 2,412 Posts
I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
- 09-15-2013, 05:08 AM #5
- 3,169 Posts
- By foxisbubba#AC in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 10Last Post: 10-18-2013, 09:31 AM
- By Dondie Handoy in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 09-22-2013, 10:36 AM
- By joshwithachance in forum HTC OneReplies: 39Last Post: 09-20-2013, 10:53 AM
- By mlyon83 in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 09-17-2013, 04:53 PM
- By Sister Honey in forum IntroductionsReplies: 3Last Post: 09-14-2013, 03:32 PM