1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy- What is Force Stop

I am using yahoo mail and gmail on my samsung device. It was working Ok. However, in between I downloaded Whats app on my device .
    Since then both the mails are getting Force Stop. Or rather most of the applications are showing "Force Stop" in memory usage. After I tap Force Stop, I again start receiving mails but after receiving one or two mails again the Force Stop reappears. I then removed whats app from the phone thinking that it is utilizing space but the "Force Stop" continues. I have tried but been unable to do away with it. Below usage also a line appear No defaults set but there are no instructions about setting default.

Arvind

Global Posts
    13,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy- What is Force Stop

Quote Originally Posted by arvindkhanolkar View Post
    I am using yahoo mail and gmail on my samsung device. It was working Ok. However, in between I downloaded Whats app on my device .
    Since then both the mails are getting Force Stop. Or rather most of the applications are showing "Force Stop" in memory usage. After I tap Force Stop, I again start receiving mails but after receiving one or two mails again the Force Stop reappears. I then removed whats app from the phone thinking that it is utilizing space but the "Force Stop" continues. I have tried but been unable to do away with it. Below usage also a line appear No defaults set but there are no instructions about setting default.

Arvind
    Welcome to the forums!
    You can try to clear cache in recovery. That may help. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here