- 1 Posts
I cracked my s3 screen a while ago and it hasn't affected the use of the phone until now. It was working fine then suddenly went black, the bottom buttons still light up and the phone still makes sounds and takes calls. I took out the battery and restarted the phone but all I get is the black screen.
Any help or feedback would be appreciated
- 09-19-2013, 01:20 PM #2
- 5,152 Posts
Re: Black screen
Really only two possibilities:
1. The connector to the screen was loosened when you dropped it, and is no longer making contact.
2. The screen was damaged, and has finally crapped out completely.
Either way, the phone's going to need to be disassembled and repaired. If you're handy little tools, and don't mind taking it apart yourself, there are a bunch of videos on youtube showing how. Otherwise, find a repair center to look at it.BROKE MY WRIST AND TYPING ONE-HANDED! Please forgive all typos.
PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. Otherwise, it's like calling your doctor and saying "My head hurts." Your doctor can't treat you unless he knows whether you have a headache or a concussion, and we can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they occurred.
Give a person an answer, and you've solved one problem. Teach a person to search, and you have helped them solve problems forever.
Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
- 09-19-2013, 03:21 PM #3
- By cwyman1 in forum LG G2Replies: 14Last Post: 10-31-2013, 10:27 AM
- By kingneptune117 in forum LG G2Replies: 26Last Post: 10-01-2013, 01:13 AM
- By samsterw in forum HTC OneReplies: 3Last Post: 09-24-2013, 02:12 PM
- By FIFA2014 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 1Last Post: 09-19-2013, 04:42 PM
- By wv2004 in forum Moto XReplies: 5Last Post: 09-19-2013, 02:23 PM