- 1 Posts
Galaxy S3 screen wont light up..Help!
So I got pushed into the ocean with my phone in my hand and when i got out I took the battery out and tried to dry it. I put the phone in rice for a whole night and when i took it out the next morning I looked on youtube as to how I can clean the phone after water damage. I followed the youtube video and put the battery in and everything was working perfectly. After a couple of hours however, my phone screen just turned pink and then it went black. I can still hear it receiving messages and I can touch the screen and i can hear the number when dialing and other noises like when i tap the home button and other sorts. I was wondering what I can do? I need help. I dont have money to buy a new phone right now. I took it all apart and put it in rice again in order to see if it willdry up some more. Please help!
- 09-22-2013, 07:20 AM #2
- 4,208 Posts
- 09-22-2013, 07:38 PM #3
Re: Galaxy S3 screen wont light up..Help!
+1 to what GSDer said. Salt water is a killer. If you didn't thoroughly rinse the phone in alcohol or clear water, it's likely toast. And "a whole night" really won't dry out a phone that's gotten dunked. Most people recommend a minimum of 24 hours, with 48 hours preferred.
And +1 to having the person who pushed you in buy you a new phone. Maybe next time they won't act like a complete *****.PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.
Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
- By BristolOReilly in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 09-28-2013, 12:09 AM
- By fgbdghgdn in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 09-24-2013, 10:16 PM
- By oddeo in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 09-23-2013, 11:51 PM
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 09-23-2013, 07:25 PM
- By XmikeXscalezX in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 09-22-2013, 06:06 AM