1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 screen wont light up..Help!

So I got pushed into the ocean with my phone in my hand and when i got out I took the battery out and tried to dry it. I put the phone in rice for a whole night and when i took it out the next morning I looked on youtube as to how I can clean the phone after water damage. I followed the youtube video and put the battery in and everything was working perfectly. After a couple of hours however, my phone screen just turned pink and then it went black. I can still hear it receiving messages and I can touch the screen and i can hear the number when dialing and other noises like when i tap the home button and other sorts. I was wondering what I can do? I need help. I dont have money to buy a new phone right now. I took it all apart and put it in rice again in order to see if it willdry up some more. Please help!

Default Re: Galaxy S3 screen wont light up..Help!

There's no guarantee that your phone won't have other long-term problems after replacing the screen assembly, but this is the only way to take care of the problem that you describe.

I don't know if those YouTube videos had you clean the hardware with alcohol, or rinse it in clean water, but seawater is very caustic where electronics are involved - leaving it in rice isn't a complete solution.

Finally, I don't see why you should have to pay for a new/replacement phone - that should be the problem of the person that pushed you in.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Default Re: Galaxy S3 screen wont light up..Help!

+1 to what GSDer said. Salt water is a killer. If you didn't thoroughly rinse the phone in alcohol or clear water, it's likely toast. And "a whole night" really won't dry out a phone that's gotten dunked. Most people recommend a minimum of 24 hours, with 48 hours preferred.

And +1 to having the person who pushed you in buy you a new phone. Maybe next time they won't act like a complete *****.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3