- 1 Posts
Samsung international wifi problem
Hi I have just flown from New Zealand to Australia and my Samsung Galaxy s3 is refusing to connect to the internet via the wifi at my current location. I have still got my New Zealand sim card in and I am able to connect to the wifi but when looking at the connection all it says next to it is disabled. I was able to connect to the internet through the free wifi at both Brisbane and Sydney airport but not here in Mount Isa at a home network. I am only here for a couple of weeks so I am trying to avoid buying a new sim card so I am hoping this is not the issue. Any advice would be great cheers.
- 09-23-2013, 08:57 AM #2
- 09-23-2013, 09:03 AM #3
- 1,417 Posts
Re: Samsung international wifi problem
SIM Card shouldn't have an effect at all with your WiFi connection... Even so, check that you don't have some setting for turning off WiFi when roaming (long shot, but it could be).
Also, SOME routers are known to have issues with certain configurations with newer Samsung phones. Unfortunately, to check this you'd need access to the routers configuration so if this is not your network, there's not much you can do to test this.
- By o2bnclemson in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 7Last Post: Yesterday, 01:05 PM
- By Ian Whitehead in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 3Last Post: 10-14-2013, 08:46 PM
- By bl0wmywh1stl3 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 6Last Post: 09-26-2013, 03:07 AM
- By Ahmedshamy in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 3Last Post: 09-25-2013, 11:52 AM
- By Reece O in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 09-23-2013, 06:01 AM