How do I install (flash?) a custom rom with TWRP v2.3.30 on a i9305

Whoisthisnow

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the above on a Samsung s3 lte (i9305) and have for some reason it has no OS installed on it (due to my trying to reset it to factory setting, deleted everything). now I have found a custom rom but I don't know where:

- You download / save the custom rom
- Which options do you select within Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) v2.3.3.0 to be able to install the OS/ROM back onto the system?
- Is it possible to install a stock rom instead of a custom rom using TWRP? (same Q as above would apply).

Many thanks in advance.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Unless you really know what you're doing I'd suggest using the Kies software to reload the stock firmware and be done with it.

To answer your questions:
- assuming that you have an SD card installed, you just put the ROM file on the SD card and use TWRP to find it. I don't remember offhand if TWRP will load a zip file or if you have to extract the contents first.
- I don't have TWRP running at the moment but you'll want to select the options to clear cache and clear Dalvik cache; I don't remember what other selections there were.
- yes, you can install a stock (rooted) ROM using TWRP

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
TWRP needs a zip file to work. So if you have a stock ROM in the format, you can use TWRP to flash it.

But, in general, stock ROMs come as .TAR files which need to be flashed with Odin (or Kies, I guess?--I've never used Kies).

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
AustinUSC,
Typically you put the zip file on your SD card and when you're in TWRP you just navigate to where the file is.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Kartik Pandey

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
My sgs3 can not flash zip file from the sdcard . I have used phillslz. Twrp cwm recovery but couldnt flash the custom toms

Posted via the Android Central App