Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Home pages disappearing randomly

Hello everyone. I just got my Galaxy S3 on Friday and everything has been fantastic except for one, very annoying, problem. For some reason, what seems randomly, my main home page gets removed every so often. I'll make a new one, replace the widgets and apps (which is a pain,) and then ill use my phone for a while, look back, and it will be gone. I have absolutely no idea whats wrong and would really like to get this figured out.

Thanks!

Default Re: Home pages disappearing randomly

Welcome to the forums!

What happens to your other pages - do those get removed/changed when the Home page goes away?
    Are you using a 3rd party launcher (Nova; Apex)?
    Does anything else unusual happen when this occurs (ex. you see a force close message)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    31,364 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterButter View Post
    Hello everyone. I just got my Galaxy S3 on Friday and everything has been fantastic except for one, very annoying, problem. For some reason, what seems randomly, my main home page gets removed every so often. I'll make a new one, replace the widgets and apps (which is a pain,) and then ill use my phone for a while, look back, and it will be gone. I have absolutely no idea whats wrong and would really like to get this figured out.

Thanks!
    I am interested to see the answers from GSDer.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I am interested to see the answers from GSDer.
    I am interested to see the answers from HamsterButter

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    31,364 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    I am interested to see the answers from HamsterButter

Lol....that was a complete typo.....oops...

Question Re: Home pages disappearing randomly

Has anyone else had this?

This week I was playing around with Startup Manager (Free) and turned off a few things. Everything seem to be fine until I 1. "upgraded" the full Startup Manager and 2. turned off Email from the Systems tab and since then all my home a pages on my Nexus 5 have disappeared bar one. I have been trying to restore my system settings I've backed up via GCloud Backup but this is not restoring the home pages. So I'm finding GCloud Backup to be a bit useless.

Is there a way to backup your homes pages? This is always the most time consuming task when setting up a new Nexus phone. Restoring from a backup would be hugely useful. Is there a way to restore your startup apps pre-Startup Manager install?