Problem in charging S3

yousra sultan

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I have Samsung Galaxy S3 and when I try to charge my phone, it says it is charging but the percentage still goes down however,i closed all the application and sometimes i switched it off
and after removing it from the charger the percentage increase a bit !!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me like you phone is using more juice than you're putting in... Maybe you're using a 'slow' charger? If the cable is damaged this may reduce the current output, so your phone will be slower to charge. If you're using it while charging and this happens, sometimes the use is bigger than the input, so it will look like your battery is actually depleting (which would go down faster if you were using it and not charging it).

Another thing you could try is to re-calibrate your battery. Charge it to a 100% and then let it go down to zero (well, not actually zero, but until the phone shuts off by itself) in a single use; this is, don't charge it mid-day, let it go out entirely. Then charge the battery again to 100% (again, don't interrupt the charge, let it go to 100% on its own). This should give the phone a better battery level reading.

Fakhr E Alam

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
@yousra
I too am having the same problem, recently several people have encountered this problem, the source of it is not known and the solution varies from phone to phone. Some things that you need to check out are
a. Using a different cable
b. Using a different charger
c. Using a direct charge (the one without the cable)
d. Checking another battery on your phone
I did all of these as well as downgraded my OS to 4.1 but it still didn't help, I then emailed Samsung support center and they said it might be an issue with my battery which wasn't the case. I bought a new charger of some unknown company and thankfully it's working alright now though I feel like Samsung should address this issue I even emailed them about it and they said they haven't got any complaints from the market as yet. Another tip I wanted to give you is that there is a free app known as "Galaxy charging current *lite*" install that and it shows you the power your phone is taking from the charger and in a perfect scenario it should be equal to the "now" value. Hope that helps :)

yousra sultan

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
@Spookdroid,
the mob and its accessories is new just got it 3 days ago and i didn't install too much apps
and i tried a different charger and i found the same pb.
However,my charger works well with others mob
I'll try to re-calibrate.
thx :)

@Fakhr
thx a lot 4 ur advice :)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
yousra,
If you long-press the Power button, when the 'Device options' dialog comes up, choose "Power off" - this will completely turn the phone off. At that point if you connect the charger, you should see a battery graphic showing the phone charging. At most it should only take about 2 1/2 hours to charge a fully depleted battery.

If you're not seeing the battery rapidly charge in this configuration then there's something wrong with your phone.

When the phone is turned on and connected to a regular charger (not to a USB port on a computer) it should almost never happen that the charge level goes DOWN - the rare circumstance might involve having the GPS on, mobile data on, and running something that is very CPU/graphics intensive (like Google Maps for example; or some heavy duty game). Other than this the phone should be able to maintain the current charge level and recharge at the same time.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

yousra sultan

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
@GSDer
I tryied to empty the battery and recharge it
it tooks 2 about to hourse to charge it from 4% to 85% which i guess good enough
and about half an hour from 85% to 86% and after couples of minutes i found it 85% again !!!
put in consideration that i switched off all the app,GPS ,wi-fi, and the 3G & using a regular charger.
then i switched off and i found the battery graphic in the middle and after a while it increased
so i opened the phone and found it charged 71%!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs