Go Sms Pro, not receiving texts with emoji?

stialoves

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I have GoSMS Pro installed and the emoji plugin. My boyfriend has the exact same, but for some reason, when I send him a text including emoji, he won't receive the text at all. It's a certain amount of characters before adding the emoji just makes the text disappear and not get delivered.

If I send long sms without emoji, he receives them just fine. And the thing is, it only happens with him! Everyone else I do it to receives it fine, no matter if they have android or iPhone. It's really frustrating because I love to use emoji (lol), and I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and has a fix? :(:'(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Does your boyfriend also have a Galaxy S3?
Is he leaving his mobile data turned on (required for MMS)?
Is he on the same carrier?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What happens when he sends you an MMS with emoji?
What if you send him an MMS without emoji but with a picture attachment?
If the latter doesn't go through, try sending an MMS with a picture attachment using the stock Messaging app.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

stialoves

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Everything works fine when we do that. It's just the emoji overall for some reason. Even if I use the stock messaging app, he still won't receive it if it exceeds a certain amount of characters with the emoji.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
if I use the stock messaging app, he still won't receive it if it exceeds a certain amount of characters with the emoji.
I'm puzzled - the stock Messaging app doesn't support emoji: that's strictly an add-in to the Go SMS Pro app.
What character limit are you describing? Is it anything over 160?

stialoves

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I use a keyboard that has emoji included, so I tried on the stock messaging app. The emoji shows up as black and white. I have jelly bean. But even then, he still will not receive it. I noticed that when I add one, the characters go from 160 down to 69. Id say I can't exceed more than one sentence with emoji before he does not receive the message at all.

Posted via Android Central App

ingridkarinaa

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
That is happening to me too, but instead when someone sends me emojis, the messages appear with a space in between each letter and instead of the emojis, a lot of other symbols appear. I contacted the developers of Go Sms and sent them a screenshot of this problem but I haven't heard back from them and there hasn't been a recent update.

allison_paige

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I have the go SMS pro. And I also have the emoji pluggin because I have always loved to use them but for some reason when I send a text using the emojis, it shows the text as a blank bubble for the other person, but if I send a text NOT including emojis they receive the messages perfectly? Any help?

maria Bahena

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I own a Kyocera hydro vibe and I have kit kat Emojis I installed go SMS pro and the emoji plugin and it used to work! One day I sent an emotional to my friend and then I discovered the came out question marks so now every time I send emojis it becomes question marks
Help please?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user