Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Go Sms Pro, not receiving texts with emoji?

I have GoSMS Pro installed and the emoji plugin. My boyfriend has the exact same, but for some reason, when I send him a text including emoji, he won't receive the text at all. It's a certain amount of characters before adding the emoji just makes the text disappear and not get delivered.

If I send long sms without emoji, he receives them just fine. And the thing is, it only happens with him! Everyone else I do it to receives it fine, no matter if they have android or iPhone. It's really frustrating because I love to use emoji (lol), and I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and has a fix?

Default Re: Go Sms Pro, not receiving texts with emoji?

Does your boyfriend also have a Galaxy S3?
    Is he leaving his mobile data turned on (required for MMS)?
    Is he on the same carrier?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, yes, and no. He has T-Mobile, but I'm not sure if that's that problem.

What happens when he sends you an MMS with emoji?
    What if you send him an MMS without emoji but with a picture attachment?
    If the latter doesn't go through, try sending an MMS with a picture attachment using the stock Messaging app.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Everything works fine when we do that. It's just the emoji overall for some reason. Even if I use the stock messaging app, he still won't receive it if it exceeds a certain amount of characters with the emoji.

Quote Originally Posted by stialoves View Post
    if I use the stock messaging app, he still won't receive it if it exceeds a certain amount of characters with the emoji.
    I'm puzzled - the stock Messaging app doesn't support emoji: that's strictly an add-in to the Go SMS Pro app.
    What character limit are you describing? Is it anything over 160?

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I use a keyboard that has emoji included, so I tried on the stock messaging app. The emoji shows up as black and white. I have jelly bean. But even then, he still will not receive it. I noticed that when I add one, the characters go from 160 down to 69. Id say I can't exceed more than one sentence with emoji before he does not receive the message at all.

Posted via Android Central App

Unhappy Re: Go Sms Pro, not receiving texts with emoji?

That is happening to me too, but instead when someone sends me emojis, the messages appear with a space in between each letter and instead of the emojis, a lot of other symbols appear. I contacted the developers of Go Sms and sent them a screenshot of this problem but I haven't heard back from them and there hasn't been a recent update.

Okay, I have the go SMS pro. And I also have the emoji pluggin because I have always loved to use them but for some reason when I send a text using the emojis, it shows the text as a blank bubble for the other person, but if I send a text NOT including emojis they receive the messages perfectly? Any help?

I own a Kyocera hydro vibe and I have kit kat Emojis I installed go SMS pro and the emoji plugin and it used to work! One day I sent an emotional to my friend and then I discovered the came out question marks so now every time I send emojis it becomes question marks
    Help please?