Flashed new Kernel now scrolling issues

luqman24

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
So I flashed a new kernel this morning called leanKernal v3.4.62 and I'm using a Rogers S3 running CM 10.1.3. All is great until I rebooted, now whenever I scroll it's jerky. No performance issues or lag it's just the scrolling has that jerky effect. Never had this issue before flashing this kernel. I was running this default CM10.1 kernel before this. So does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix this issue??

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the kernel may have a little glitch in it or it isn't jelling well with CM in particular.

luqman24

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the kernel may have a little glitch in it or it Isn't jelling well with CM in particular.

It said that it works fine with CM 10.1 so I was assuming it included 10.1.3. Anyways I'm pretty new to flashing kernals and ROMs so what kernals do you recommend that are good for battery life and work with CM 10.1.3 d2att?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not having the SIII personally I couldn't say. Although leankernel has always been a well known kernel.

I would double check with the developer of the kernel through their own personal Twitter feed or site they work out of to make sure the version of kernel you downloaded and flashed works with that version of CM.

Worst case you may try reflashing the ROM/kernel and see if its just a flashing bug.

Did you wipe cache/dalvik cache before flashing the kernel? Not always required but sometimes if not done it can lead to some problems.

luqman24

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Not having the SIII personally I couldn't say. Although leankernel has always been a well known kernel.

I would double check with the developer of the kernel through their own personal Twitter feed or site they work out of to make sure the version of kernel you downloaded and flashed works with that version of CM.

Worst case you may try reflashing the ROM/kernel and see if its just a flashing bug.

Did you wipe cache/dalvik cache before flashing the kernel? Not always required but sometimes if not done it can lead to some problems.

Ok so I just flashed KT747 v3.4.53 kernal not sure if there is a newer version though. But the scrolling bug is gone so I guess it was the leanKernal that was causing the issue. I'll see how this kernal does in terms of battery life. Hopefully it's great as well.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully that resolves your problems going forward.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
So I flashed a new kernel this morning called leanKernal v3.4.62 and I'm using a Rogers S3 running CM 10.1.3. All is great until I rebooted, now whenever I scroll it's jerky. No performance issues or lag it's just the scrolling has that jerky effect. Never had this issue before flashing this kernel. I was running this default CM10.1 kernel before this. So does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix this issue??

Just flashed cm 10.3 myself and I'm seeing what ur talking about

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2