I want my S3 to have the facebook albums in my gallery........ HELP

Taryn Seiler

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
When i first got this phone, i had downloaded the FB app, and automatically, my albums from FB were in my gallery. COOL, loved it.... but somewhere in between the lines, FB decided to unsync? I have tried re syncing, through my "accounts" under settings, but its syncing my pictures from my phone onto FB. What is going on? And how do i get my albums back onto my gallery? ps. I did try uninstalling and reinstalling.... its "resyncing" but my albums are not in my gallery.... help please

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the Sync Photos setting in Facebook's settings? Open Facebook, tap menu and then Settings, and tap Sync Photos. This will upload your phone's pictures to FB, but if it's a Sync function, I would hope that it would also sync your FB gallery to your phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When i first got this phone, i had downloaded the FB app, and automatically, my albums from FB were in my gallery. COOL, loved it.... but somewhere in between the lines, FB decided to unsync? I have tried re syncing, through my "accounts" under settings, but its syncing my pictures from my phone onto FB. What is going on? And how do i get my albums back onto my gallery? ps. I did try uninstalling and reinstalling.... its "resyncing" but my albums are not in my gallery.... help please

It may also be a change on FB part.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Rene Braga

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi so pretty easy go to your phone settings then choose (if your phone is updated with the latest version of android) the accounts tab on the top, then you will see some of your running apps in there, the regular facebook one and one that says "sync apps with facebook" click on that and on there choose sync albums to gallery and it will give you the choice for the phone to do it automatically every 3 hrs once a day or every 3 days thats up to you once you do that,just sync it and pow baby!,,,gallery will be back on..hope it helps! Btw it takes little while to sync all albums but it will.,,

JustCallMeZo

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
So I just figured this out myself. I have an S Note 2 and it changed just like you said after an update. All I had to do was go to my gallery and click on the menu button. You'll see an option "content to display" and if you click on it and Facebook is unchecked if you can check this box then you're done. However is it'snot highlighted then you have to open the menu again and click on settings. Facebook should be one of the options on top and will most like say "don't sync under it. All you have to do is click the FB icon and click sync Facebook photos to gallery. After it's done syncing, you're done. The option in FB the app to symc photos is only to access your mobile phones, so depending on what you keep in your phone I'd uncheck that option just in case...

Cecile Miller

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site

rlslp1

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I am having the SAME problem - when i go to sync photos it tells me my fb session has expired (I am still logged in) so i put my info in and it tells me My Samsung Galaxy III is already connected, then log in attempt failed. When i go to sync photos it immediately gives me an error message and then tells me login in failed and the synce error message comes up. All my pictures were synced up until 2 days ago. When i go to the downloaded fb site - it will only allow me to sync my pictures taken with my phone onto fb - i want my pictures from fb synced to my phone - HELP(of course there is no way of getting in touch with fb - GRRRRRR)