SGS 3 - Ringtone fiasco!!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I just installed an app called "Business Tones" from the play store and set a tone as my ringtone. When I went to System Settings/Sound/Device Ringtone.....I noticed that all of my 1000+ MP3's are showing up as playable ringtones!! This wasn't the case the last time I checked. Do you guys think its the app somehow enabled some type of setting that allows MP3's to be seen in the settings menu when I set up one of the ringtones from the app?? Where is that setting so I can disable it?!?!?!.....because I can't find it, lol!! I def don't want to sift through thousands of MP3's just to find my appropriate ringtone, lol! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Try Zedge. Much easier to use.

By the way, I like your subject line. :)

I have Zedge and use it. I'm just trying to find out if this is normal or not. I just uninstalled that app and its still reading my MP3's. I unmounted my ext SD card and its finally not reading my MP3's as ringtones. Does anyone know how to disable this feature??

Thanks! :)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Did you clear the app cache and data before removing it?

Yes I did. So, after unmounting my SD card and remounting it, its no longer picking up my MP3's but it is still picking up the MP3's that get saved on my phones storage. I think the culprit is the 'Download MP3' app that is storing it in my phones storage space. I'm going to have to change it to my SD card. Strange that I didn't notice this for some time!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
That's a weird problem! I've never heard of something like that. :eek::D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Yeah it is weird!! I had been using a particular ringtone for a very long time and had decided to change it because I was getting tired of it. Thats how I came across this, lol! Can you imagine having to go through your whole MP3 collection to select a damn ringtone?!?!?! lol!! I have 34 gb's worth of music!!!!!!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it is weird!! I had been using a particular ringtone for a very long time and had decided to change it because I was getting tired of it. Thats how I came across this, lol! Can you imagine having to go through your whole MP3 collection to select a damn ringtone?!?!?! lol!! I have 34 gb's worth of music!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:
Yea, I wouldn't be a happy camper going through all that music looking for a ringtone!!!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!