S3 Lags while making calls

avinashjr

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to search this forum for this specific issue but couldnt find. My S3 (Android version 4.1.2) has sometimes a delay of around 20 to 30 seconds when I make a call. the call gets connected and the called person answers as well but my phone does not connect the call. I have been struggling with this issue for the last 3 to 4 weeks trying different options without any success. The issue is very frustrating because the called party mostly hangs the call in this 20 seconds delay. I took the phone to Samsung Service and they just formatted the phone and returned it back saying it s fine. And I have done this exercise twice now.

The problem starts occuring when I install some apps and start using the phone actively. This delay in connecting calls happens 3 out of every 5 times I make a call. And when my phone is out of my home network this happens more often. I have very few apps in my phone including WhatsApp, Facebook, Afaria, Temple run etc.
my doubts now are
1. issue in the SIM card - i get this doubt because the problem increases when the phone is in roaming
2. Afaria - After the last software reset, I installed the apps one by one to find the culprit. now I have everything that I use (less than 10) except Afaria and the phone seems to be working fine for the last 2 days
3. Hardware / OS issue - but unable to justify this as I have restored to factory settings more than once and sent the phone to Samsung for observation and all this did not give any success.

Has anyone else faced this problem or could give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance.

avinashjr

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
it sounds like it's the Afaria app. read the reviews.
Yes, I am also thinking that Afaria is the culprit. But thats a mandatory app for accessing my corporate emails :( So I cannot use my phone without it. And hundreds of my colleagues use Afaria without this problem. Can there be any issue with the sim card that it chokes when more data is transferred through it? I dont know if that is a technical possibility.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
OMG, that app has a 2.5 rating in the Google Play Store - what a POS! I won't install anything with ratings below 4.0 and your company forces this on you?

FYI, the data doesn't go through your SIM card - it merely serves as an identifier for your phone on the network http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subscriber_identity_module

What carrier are you with? Are many of your coworkers on the same carrier?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt