- 4 Posts
S3 Water Damage - Everything works great except mic
So I have spent the past two days recovering from taking a swim with my phone. I got it dried out completely, and everthing seems to be working great with one exception - When I call or recieve a call, I can hear the person on the other side, but they cannot hear me. Also, I tried using the speaker phone button with the same results. I also tried using the voice recorder app and I get nothing. Strange this is, I DO have audio if I record a video. Im wondering if there is more than one mic, and if so, which one is potentially damaged. Also, any tips on repairing the problem myself? Is this mic built on the motherboard?
Cleaning hole at bottom (had whole phone disassembled and made sure no obstructions).
- 10-10-2013, 05:12 PM #2
- 6,829 Posts
- 10-10-2013, 05:25 PM #4
- 10-17-2013, 01:58 AM #5
- 1 Posts
Re: S3 Water Damage - Everything works great except mic
I'm in the exact same boat. I'm trying to find a repair shop in town that can replace the SMD mic, the mic itself is super cheap and can be found on ebay. Please update this thread with your progress. I will do the same once I find a repair place.
- By Kaleel Soares in forum US Cellular Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 10-11-2013, 06:29 AM
- By DFWdude in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 10-10-2013, 10:29 PM
- By niceguysf in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 10-10-2013, 05:55 PM
- By alyssapallant11 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 1Last Post: 10-10-2013, 03:20 PM
- By ady199 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-10-2013, 12:57 PM