Need help ASAP AT&T S3 now reads as T-Mobile

Krista835

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Earlier today I tried installing to the new 10.2 nightly update. I got an error and was unable to update so instead I reverted back to one of my back ups. Now I know for a fact my phone is an AT&T phone (bought it from there and the sim is from there) but now my phone gets no service and it gets read as a SGH-T999 phone. I'm not sure why and I haven't been able to find anything in terms of fixes. Help?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Earlier today I tried installing to the new 10.2 nightly update. I got an error and was unable to update so instead I reverted back to one of my back ups. Now I know for a fact my phone is an AT&T phone (bought it from there and the sim is from there) but now my phone gets no service and it gets read as a SGH-T999 phone. I'm not sure why and I haven't been able to find anything in terms of fixes. Help?
Welcome to the forums.
Can you link to the exact file you downloaded for your ROM?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, as for the url http://get.cm/get/bhA

Here's the file name because I'm not sure if that will start a download "cm-10.2-20131011-NIGHTLY-d2att.zip"

You were right...that did start a download. The d2att indicates you chose the right file.
For the life of me, I don't know why the ROM would change the device model number.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Krista835

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
You were right...that did start a download. The d2att indicates you chose the right file.
For the life of me, I don't know why the ROM would change the device model number.

Thanks for the help anyway. I even restored to the last back up I had and I still get the no service as well as being read as a T999. I'm not sure what to do either. I have 2 older back ups, but I'm not sure if reverting to those would solve it either.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help anyway. I even restored to the last back up I had and I still get the no service as well as being read as a T999. I'm not sure what to do either. I have 2 older back ups, but I'm not sure if reverting to those would solve it either.

If you are familiar with using ODIN, you can reflash the stock ROM. Samsung updates .com has a whole catalog of ROM files.

Krista835

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
If you are familiar with using ODIN, you can reflash the stock ROM. Samsung updates .com has a whole catalog of ROM files.

My phone is unable to connect to my computer. I believe it's the USB cable I am using so I can't do that until I get a new one that will let me connect.