Wifi will not detect any networks.

Soundtracks4us

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello all. I received my replacement phone from Asurion insurance after paying the $150 deductible.
Everything works well and good with the phone except for when it comes to the Wi-Fi.

I turn it on, and it doesn't show any networks.
I try to add my home network, it claims its not in range, scans, then continues to show nothing.

Naturally I did a factory reset, still the issue persists. I cleared the cache partition. I used the "update firmware, profile, etc" to no avail.

Does anyone know what's going on? I've been looking all day for a solution. When I downloaded Inssider, it couldnt even function because it kept asking me to turn on my already turned on wifi. Yet, it still showed nothing, nothing at all.

EDIT: Also I've tried the Samsung "Secret codes" for WLAN Engineering and WLAN Test Mode. Neither work. All of the others do, just not those 2.
*#232339# = WLAN Test Mode
and *#526* / *#528*

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you got a lemon.
The only thing you can try to do is to reload the stock firmware using the Kies software on your PC. In case the radio files are jacked up that should take care of the problem.

Otherwise call Asurion back right away and get another refurb on the way.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca