- 1 Posts
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Wifi doesn't work without mobile reception
Hey my s3's wifi doesn't work without mobile reception it seems, was just wondering if that's supposed to happen? I have poor reception around my house and whenever my phone can't find any reception the wifi doesn't work. It says it's connected under Settings but webpages won't load and I can't access anything online. I've found I can fix it by turning on flight mode and turning the wifi back on, but then it always stops working again after a couple minutes. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
- 10-20-2013, 07:52 PM #2
- 3,140 Posts
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Wifi doesn't work without mobile reception
No, that's not supposed to happen - Wi-Fi should work anytime there's a decent signal and you have the correct authentication.
I'd suggest going into your router and reconfiguring the security to be Open (i.e. no security - this is just a temporary measure). Then delete the connection on the phone and re-add it and see if the phone successfully connects. If it does then something was squirrelly with your router configuration.
Have you tried using Wi-Fi anywhere else?
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
- By Kaner182 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 10-21-2013, 08:11 AM
- By garyg_nh in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 10-21-2013, 07:46 AM
- By amy1503 in forum Samsung Galaxy AceReplies: 1Last Post: 10-20-2013, 07:58 PM
- By amy1503 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 10-20-2013, 07:42 PM
- By JohnHellis in forum AT&T Galaxy NoteReplies: 0Last Post: 10-20-2013, 08:06 AM