Not Getting Text Message Notifications

Kcknani

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Android Text messaging app working perfectly. Please unistall or disable all other sms based app. Like google hangouts, hike, chomp sms...etc.

Msbiscuit28

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Lamar,
Did you also make sure that 'Show notifications' was checked?http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/14/usa6uren.jpgIf that's not the issue, we'll need more information (model number/carrier/firmware version).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Lamar,
Did you also make sure that 'Show notifications' was checked?http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/14/usa6uren.jpgIf that's not the issue, we'll need more information (model number/carrier/firmware version).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

I had this same issue. I just saw this.. Went to my apps and it wasn't clicked! I clicked it everything's back to normal!! My hero!!

ZTE QUARTZ USER

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
This worked for me
Open the text message app.
Press button on side of the phone which changes the volume
You will then see a slider with a cog next to it. Touch the cog and more sliders appear. Adjust the notification volume slider
and Hey Presto!
Hope this helps.
Jimbo

I need help with my phone tried all above nothing worked

lyn laquinta

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone, i know that this tread is quit a long time but since i experience the same probem i would to share what did i do so solve mine.
Go to:
Application scroll down to Messages open it clear catch and you can see Notification click it and you can see there is a button if its on or off. Just click or check it.
Hope this help.

Cawz Dirty

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone, i know that this tread is quit a long time but since i experience the same probem i would to share what did i do so solve mine.
Go to:
Application scroll down to Messages open it clear catch and you can see Notification click it and you can see there is a button if its on or off. Just click or check it.
Hope this help.
it didn't work tried that I am Zte quartz user BTW

ZTEED

Mar 27, 2017
Visit site
I fixed my chompsms not getting Notifications this way... Settings, Notifications, made sure Notifications was checked, then scroll down to "Show Ticker" and checked that box. The Show Ticker being checked did the magic trick!

Michael Laschower

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
No txt sound? I figuredxit out. After hard reset nothing, after check message app nothing.

I'm also having the same issue with my samsung galaxy 3 since yesterday afternoon. I've made sure the notification feature is turned on the default messaging app, as well as having my sync feature in the settings turned on. I've tried restarting my phone multiple times, uninstalled all updates to "samsung push" to see if that was causing an issue.

I do have chompsms and use it as my default texting app, but have never had issues in the past with it not showing a notification, sound, or LED light up when a new message is received. As Kristina stated the only way to know that you have a new message is to open up your messages and see that there's a new one. I looked on the chompsms site to see if people might have reported that they were having issues (i thought maybe an update created it) but haven't seen anything. This is very frustrating because I still get email notifications showing up in the tray on top, but can't for the life of me understand why there's nothing for text messages.

If you have a cleaning app on your cell it will check silent notifications. I never found answers and tried everything and nothing work. No one mentioned a app doing it on your Android cell.

Allen Patrick

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey thanks I had been having this issue. I had to dig deep into the notification settings and select show "all" settings but my messages was toogled off. Actually feeling a little silly but thanks all the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox