Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default need help with galaxy s3

well i gott this galaxy s3 And when i download an app in play store it says installed but it dosent go to my device and idont know how to open it if its already installed itried unisntalling it too but it dosent work can anyone help me ?

Default Re: need help with galaxy s3

Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the Play Store on your phone, or on the web? Use the one on your phone. If you select an app to install there, it will download and install directly to your phone. (If you do it from the Play Store on the web, you have to make sure you select the correct device to install it to, and then you have to make sure your phone is connected to the web before it can start to install.)

Once you've installed it, go to the App Manager. You should find the app there. The main exception would be if you installed a widget​, which doesn't show up in the Apps list--it shows up in the Widgets list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth Montes View Post
    and idont know how to open it if its already installed
    Not trying to offend you, but are you familiar with Android-based smartphones? If not, once you install an app on your phone, whether by using the Google Play Store app on the phone or the Google Play website, you'll find all of your apps in the App Drawer.Depending on what you installed, you'll either find it in the 'Apps' tab or the 'Widgets' tab.If I'm totally mistaken about what's going on I apologize.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

well iused the play store from my app and its intalled but the play store dosent put the box that says open and neither in the manager app and it dosent show in the widget eatheir

Ok, let's start from the beginning, and you tell us if any of these steps doesn't work:

1. On your phone, open the Google Play Store, and select the Apps store.
    2. Select an app that you want to install. If it isn't already installed on your phone, you should see an "Install" button on the app page (if it's free, otherwise there will be a purchase button).
    3. If you press Install, it will show you the permissions that the app needs--if you agree, then press Continue.
    4. Your phone should tell you when the app has finished installing.
    5. On the app page in the Google Play Store, you should now see an "Open" button and an "Uninstall" button.
    6. If you exit out of the Play Store and go to your Apps Drawer, you should see an icon for the app you just installed.

Are there any steps here that aren't working for you?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

number 5 is the one that dosent show like it only shows unistalled it dosent show the "open" button

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

number 5 is the one that dosent show like it only shows unistalled it dosent show the "open" button
    Try rebooting (or Power off and turn back on). If there is a bug, this may get rid of it. Except for core feature apps like push service, all other apps should be able to open from the PlayStore.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

Ok, go to your App Manager (on my phone, it's System Settings/Apps/All), select Google Play Store, and tap Clear Cache. Then try again.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ialready did but still the open button does not show upp

So what do you see on the app page? Are there any buttons at all? Is there still an "Install" button?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

yea like you can only see the install button but not the open one

So what happens if you press that Install button?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

the app does install but it dosent show in my device or in widget and icant open it or see it because it dosent have the open button

That's not what I'm asking. You say that after you install the app, the app page on the Play Store still only shows the Install button. So what happens if you press that Install button again? Does it try to install again, or does it tell you the app is already installed? It seems like your Play Store is misbehaving.

If you haven't done so already, go back to the App Manager, select Google Play Store, and Clear Data (not the cache). If that doesn't work, try removing your Google account completely from your phone by going to System Settings/Accounts-Google/[your Google account], pressing Menu, and selecting Remove Account. After that's done, add your Google account back, and see what happens.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

okaay ill try ,and yea noo it idtalls nut then when its already installed the button changes to uninstall

So you're saying after it installs, the button changes to Uninstall? But are there any other buttons? There really should be an Open button that appears as well, along with Uninstall.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

iknow but it just dosent appear do you if itake it to a store they could tell me whats wrong with it ?

Not sure if they'll be that helpful at the store. Have you tried clearing the system cache partition? Follow these instructions: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Lizbeth Montes likes this.

Can you provide a link to an app that you've installed? (You can use the 'Share' button in the upper right of any app in the Google Play Store to share the link.)Or just install this Dictionary: and let us know what happens.

Thisis what it should look like if it installs correctly.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:
    Lizbeth Montes likes this.