Galaxy S3 LTE Stuck Downloading... Do not turn off target!!

Patrick oh

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I was attempting to change the firmware of my Galaxy s3 to CarbonRom however at some stage I made a mistake and as a result my phone is stuck on a "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" screen. It is not in odin mode as there is no writing on the top left of the screen and no matter what i try it keeps returning to this same screen. I have tried flashing back to stock using odin however that is not working as when the phone resets it goes straight back to the same screen. I also can't get into recovery mode, so i can't reset the phone that way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was attempting to change the firmware of my Galaxy s3 to CarbonRom however at some stage I made a mistake and as a result my phone is stuck on a "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" screen. It is not in odin mode as there is no writing on the top left of the screen and no matter what i try it keeps returning to this same screen. I have tried flashing back to stock using odin however that is not working as when the phone resets it goes straight back to the same screen. I also can't get into recovery mode, so i can't reset the phone that way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forums.
What do you think was your mistake?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can try using the Kies software on your PC to reload the stock firmware - here's an overview of what to do:
- if you don't already have the Kies software installed on your PC, download it (just search Google) and install it. The first time it runs it'll update itself to the latest version so make sure you run it once before proceeding.
- put your phone in Download mode: with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen
- connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable that came with the phone
-- if you've never had the phone connected to your Windows-based computer before, you'll see messages about installing drivers, etc - just wait until this is done (may take 5 or 10 minutes) [I don't know what happens if you have a Mac - it probably just works]
- in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI/Serial Number (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point)
- the Kies software should start downloading the correct firmware for your phone from the Internet; once that's done (depending on your Internet connection speed) it'll begin downloading that to the phone (this probably takes 10 minutes or so)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4