Help with Rom flash

mattypurvis

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have recently rooted my s3 and I'm looking to flash the omega Rom to my device. I am currently on 4.1.2, my question is can I install the 4.3 omega Rom and what is the best way to do it?

I am from the UK and the phone was bought out of contract so is btu.

Thanks in advance

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have recently rooted my s3 and I'm looking to flash the omega Rom to my device. I am currently on 4.1.2, my question is can I install the 4.3 omega Rom and what is the best way to do it?

I am from the UK and the phone was bought out of contract so is btu.

Thanks in advance

Is the device rooted?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No I have rooted it only, I am a total newb to this world

OK. Go to galaxys3root .com. There should be a video on how to root the international version follow that. I know you are already rooted, but that will show how to install a custom recovery.

Sent from a Slim Tab 2.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Be very, very careful with ROM manager. There's a reason many call it ROM mangler. It will happily let you install a ROM that's not meant for your specific model of phone. Since you have the international version, make sure that whatever ROM you try to flash specifically says it's for the international version. If you flash a ROM meant for North American phones it will hard brick your phone.

mattypurvis

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, I have given up and just installed the 4.3 update, very subtle changes but enough to keep me happy for a bit

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2