Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 - My Download Notifications won't Clear

Hi All,

I got an upgrade to my Samsung s3 device last night and since then the download arrows that pop up at the top of the phone when something has been installed won't clear. I have about 10 of them I swipe them away but they come back. Any ideas how to stop this.

Thanks in advance
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - My Download Notifications won't Clear

Go to Settings -> Application manager -> ALL, scroll down and find 'Downloads' (there are two of them) and Clear cache, Clear data and Force close. Then restart the phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

I've been reading to go to settings, application manager, all...downloads to clear but once I get to application manager, there is no all or downloads. These download notifications are driving me crazy and I dont know how to make them stop! HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angie Soto View Post
    once I get to application manager, there is no all or downloads
    The default view shows the DOWNLOADED appsIf you swipe to the right you'll see the RUNNING apps, then swipe again to get to ALL appsThen just scroll down the list until you find Downloads.

If you just updated to 4.3 you probably have a different problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    988 Global Posts

Would the same thing apply when consistently getting new email notifications and there are no new emails? Stock email app.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

FuzzyB,
    I haven't seen that mentioned in the 4.3 issues threads, but I certainly could have missed it.

Since 4.3 is specific to a few carriers at the moment you might have better luck looking in your carrier-specific sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bingette View Post
    Any ideas how to stop this
    From reading more about it - go into the Apps Drawer, find the 'Downloads' app, open it and clear the items in both tabs.

Thanked by:

Was having the same issues after update......Thank you for the thread...that worked for me

Thank you so much. It fixed it.
    -Tmobile samsung s3

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Go to Settings -> Application manager -> ALL, scroll down and find 'Downloads' (there are two of them) and Clear cache, Clear data and Force close. Then restart the phone.

This did go it for now. But when I download something new it reverts back and all the stuff shows up again...is there no better fix. Seems like a mighty big fault
    Neil100 likes this.

Ok, on my phone, GSIII upgraded to 4.3, I have the same issue. I went to Settings > Application Manager > ALL tab, then scrolled down to "Downloads". The Clear data and Clear cache was already grayed out. I then went to Download manager right above Downloads, and then Cleared data, which cleared the cache as well. Should that work? If not, would unchecking the show notifications work as a last resort? I just did what I mentioned above so I'm hoping it will work.

So far, it has worked for me as well. Thanks for everyone's help! It was really bugging the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by FsharpAsharp View Post
    But when I download something new it reverts back and all the stuff shows up again
    See post #7.

Thanks for the fix! So far, so good!........ M

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

To get to the "ALL" slide the bar just under the "Application Manager" as there are more selections available.
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 

Ohhhhhhh THANK YOU!!!! Small thing, getting rid of those notifications, but they were giving me the hives. Incidentally, it was the download manager, not the downloads app that was the culprit, so mentioning there were TWO to look out for saved me more frustration.

once you navigate to the Applications Manager, swipe your finger across the screen to slide to section. you will see the section change across the top beneath the heading Application Manager (Download; SD Card; Running; then ALL)

Thanks! I was having the same problem w/ my S3 since the Android update last week. My notifications were from Google Drive. I went as far as uninstalling the app and still had them. Clearing the data and cache from the Download Manager App seemed to be the ticket.

I know it's rather late; Someone like myself has a few queries about this, I'm fine with deleting the "Cache" but I'm afraid if I delete all the data I'm going to lose all my downloaded apps and so on, could someone help me out? As I have the problems with the notifications and it's annoying!

woahitsedd,
    Try this instead - find the app 'Downloads' in your Apps Drawer; open it and select both tabs and press the 'Clear list' button.

Thanked by 2:
    woahitsedd and Eve Mina like this.

Thumbs up Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - My Download Notifications won't Clear

you are my hero hugs!

I had the same problem. this is what I did and it stop for good. first go to. Apps then find downloads is an icon with an arrow facing down then is going to show you internet downloads and other downloads. select the downloads on your right hand side and on the bottom you will have the clear icon. therefore select and clear and problem solve. remember to select and clear from both of the downloads. hope it will help.

Yep. That's been explained at least twice in this thread already.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Thanks GSDer - you legend! It worked for me too.

This worked for me....thanks a millon....these arrows were driving me nuts!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast