cracked glass, screen half working

katerusty

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my phone (the day after i got it!!!!!) and cracked the screen. At first I thought it was only the glass and was planning on trying to replace it myself, but now I realize that only the top half of the touch screen in working. it looks fine, but i can use any icons on the bottom half so its impossible to answer calls or send messages. Is it possible that it's still only the glass, or do i definitely need a new digitizer too? is it even worth trying? it was only $100 phone so I'm not really willing to pay much to repair it.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Not to be that buy but I would recommend just returning it to the store you bought it from (if you're still within the return time) and just tell them it was broken in box (a little white lie never hurt).

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
There have been people who have tried to replace only the glass, and not the digitizer. It's very tricky, as the two are glued together, and separating them without damaging the digitizer is difficult. And those who have done so generally report the touchscreen is much less sensitive after the repair. You might very well discover the bottom half of the digitizer still doesn't work after doing all that work. Search youtube and you'll find some videos showing how to do a screen replacement. Even without trying to separate the glass and digitizer it's not a trivial proposition.

Good luck convincing the store the screen was broken when you got it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech