Never been able to update.

mayitox

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I've had a Samsung Galaxy S3 for over a year now and I'm still stuck with Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) because I'm unable to update my phone. My phone company, a local provider called "Open Mobile" doesn't offer Over The Air updates. So Im stuck with doing it via Kies. Now, I have an iMac running OS X 10.8.5 and I am aware of the continuing problem with Kies not working with Macs. What happens is that after installing Kies and connecting my phone to the computer Kies keeps searching for my device and stays like that. It never finds it! Now I've done TONS of research and tried all of the solutions to fix this problem and none have worked.
A summary of the solutions I've tried so far:
1. Reinstalling Kies
2. Switching automatic updates off in the Kies preference panel
3. Restarting the computer/phone/Kies
4. "The Unarchiver" method. Several times!
5. Downloading the latest version of Kies
6. Downloading previous versions of Kies.
7. Using the phone's original USB cable, a Samsung original car charging cable and lots of generic USB cables. Non have worked.
8. Switching from "connected as media device" to "connected as camera", back and forth. Nothing.
9. Switching to a different USB port on the computer.
10. Trying with the phone turned off. It does not even makes sense, I know...
So, Im stuck and it is REALLY frustrating to say the least. Having a phone I like so much and not being able to update. However, looking over the internet, most threads are from 2012 and there's not much recent info. I mean, I cannot be the only one in this situation, right? Is there anything else to do?? Any help will be greatly appreciated! :(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You need to find someone with a Windows-based computer to try that on - there's no reason your phone should remain so far behind the curve.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm