Message notification not showing unread messages

wgw

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
My wife wanted me to look at her phone and fix the unread messaging notification that shows up on the icon. I see where there has been a lot of talk concerning the icon showing (1) when actually there are not unread messages. However I haven't seen anyone having her problem. If this is an old problem and has been addressed then I apologize and all I would ask is that you point me to that thread. Thanks for any information. She is still on 4.1.2 and on Verizon.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So you're saying that on her phone she's getting messages but the Messaging icon doesn't reflect the count of how many messages she's received?

If you go to Settings -> Application manager -> ALL and scroll down until you find Messaging and select it, is the 'Show notifications' checkbox checked?

While in the ALL view, also look for BadgeProvider, select it and Clear cache, Clear data and Force stop, then restart the phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

traemccombs

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Hate to necro this thread but I am having the same problem on my moto x 2nd gen Android. I have the latest version of Android L lollipop. I don't see application manager. Any ideas.

SoCalHunt

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Did u find a solution. I have a moto g 3rd gen. And I have same problem

Settings > Device > Applications > Applications Manager

From there you can find your apps.. for BadgeProvider...

Select More > Show System Apps > BadgeProvider

To clear cache...

Storage > Clear Cache